Dog and Cat Vaccinations in Bloomfield Hills
Your pet isn’t the only one who benefits from vaccines. When vaccines are widespread in a population, they create a herd or community immunity which means that the whole population is protected from dangerous diseases. Herd immunity also helps to protect those that are compromised and unable to receive vaccines. However, any lapse in pet vaccinations puts the community, and your pet, at risk. At DePorre Veterinary Hospital, we offer safe, effective dog and cat vaccines.
Is your pet due for cat or dog vaccinations? Call us at (248) 646-1669 or book an appointment online below!
Our Cat and Dog Vaccinations
Pet vaccinations are either core or noncore. Core refers to those that we highly recommend for all pets, while noncore are those that are only recommended for pets at risk. With all our vaccines, we follow the American Animal Hospital Association’s and the Association of Feline Practitioner’s guidelines.
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza)
- Leptospirosis (bacterial disease; strongly advised due to increasing number of cases in our area)
- Bordetella (kennel cough; recommended, and often required, for dogs in boarding, daycare, grooming, and training)
- Canine Influenza (a severe respiratory illness; recommended, and often required, for dogs in boarding, daycare, grooming, and training)
- Lyme (a tick-borne illness; recommended for outdoor dogs)
- FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
- Feline Leukemia (a highly contagious, incurable disease; recommended for outdoor cats)
Consistent Vaccinations Throughout Life
Both cats and dogs need vaccinations throughout their lives. They'll receive an initial series of vaccines at a young age, usually starting between 6 and 8 weeks of age. Then, they’ll require boosters either annually or every three years (depending on the vaccine) in order to maintain their immunity. When you come in for your pet’s vaccination appointment, we’ll discuss their schedule with you so you understand which vaccines your pet needs and when. Call us at (248) 646-1669 today to learn more about pet vaccinations or book your appointment online